Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > Master of bloods 1v1 Series 3

Master of bloods 1v1 Series 3

[Eot_]RedRuM__

참가 일: 11 January 2011
글 개수:1820
Posted 10 January 2012 - 17:57 pm
Archyz wrote:
So you are telling me you are trying to make a tournament for masters, but conforming to the casuals?

Tournaments aren't supposed to be for everyone, they are supposed to be for the best to determine the best of the best, it's just that we allow unknowns to try to make a name for themselves. You don't see games like SC2, LoL, and FPS type games pick maps/gametypes that are popular in their respective communities and call it a "Masters tournament", they pick maps/gametypes that require the most skill for such tournaments.

And about archers blood tournament, if they want an AB tournament, than put it as a side map in here, or give it's own. Sam and I showed why that map is fundamentally broken for competitive play in tournaments (in AoC at least), and I guarantee someone will show it again.

You make very valid and strong points. And you would be right about everything if the blood community was not almost dead. If we were a thriving community with alot of players playing bloods. It would be a LAW to only host the Masters tournaments for the best of the best.

Lets face reality for a second. If we keep hosting only for the best we will keep hosting for only a few players in CS. And these players might not be here tomorrow. So the community should keep building on fresh blood, especially if we are almost dead. It makes no sense to host for the best of the best only in this situation. And plus the last Masters of Bloods was hard as hell.

And I want to remind you that not all maps are easy. This time it is a balanced list, while the last Masters of Bloods was more difficult(Spider and Dome as the main maps).
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 RIP_TridenT__

참가 일: 17 August 2011
글 개수:1044
Posted 10 January 2012 - 20:17 pm
i agree with everything u said but the last one efkan, gwars is not easy -.-
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [I3acI]_Army1_

참가 일: 2 July 2007
글 개수:3332
Posted 10 January 2012 - 21:57 pm
I think efkan covered it well. Anyway can we try and keep the thread free for sign ups, messaging me with any concerns or speaking to me when you see me online.

Thanks lads :)
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Nathhs

참가 일: 17 June 2010
글 개수:267
Posted 10 January 2012 - 22:29 pm
Sign me up! =)
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

참가 일: 19 September 2010
글 개수:5405
Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:03 am
Herofest Japs ftw.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Sneak__

참가 일: 6 December 2011
글 개수:186
Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:18 am
Sign me up

Archers blood though is a really queer map. Also majority play Turks in HF, but okay cool choices otherwise, will have to start praticing again after my exams.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 TinTim

참가 일: 27 June 2010
글 개수:355
Edited 11 January 2012 - 04:46 am by TinTim
:D Sign me up ♥
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Archyz

참가 일: 20 August 2009
글 개수:850
Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:00 am
Herofest Japs ftw.

Fun fact:

If a castle that is under construction has 2 full sides being attacked by japanese post imp sherriffs, the castle dies faster than one ville can build.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 PR_Green

참가 일: 10 October 2007
글 개수:886
Posted 11 January 2012 - 15:07 pm
You make very valid and strong points. And you would be right about everything if the blood community was not almost dead. If we were a thriving community with alot of players playing bloods. It would be a LAW to only host the Masters tournaments for the best of the best.

Lets face reality for a second. If we keep hosting only for the best we will keep hosting for only a few players in CS. And these players might not be here tomorrow. So the community should keep building on fresh blood, especially if we are almost dead. It makes no sense to host for the best of the best only in this situation. And plus the last Masters of Bloods was hard as hell.

And I want to remind you that not all maps are easy. This time it is a balanced list, while the last Masters of Bloods was more difficult(Spider and Dome as the main maps).

And spider is not hard lol. I won my spider game >.<
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 HulkHogan__

참가 일: 5 November 2011
글 개수:211
Posted 11 January 2012 - 15:16 pm
huns, weve had turk.. why is there a discussion rofl? coz huns is a bit more micro based
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

참가 일: 21 December 2007
글 개수:1476
Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:36 am
Assuming both players maximize villager efficiency/lifespan the first person to attack is likely to lose in Huns. But ya considering its only a tiebreaker and may only appear once its not that big of an issue.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Archyz

참가 일: 20 August 2009
글 개수:850
Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:57 am
huns, weve had turk.. why is there a discussion rofl? coz huns is a bit more micro based

And this comment shows how little you know about hero fest.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

참가 일: 24 July 2007
글 개수:1716
Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:21 am
This sounds like a dumb idea.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [Eot_]RedRuM__

참가 일: 11 January 2011
글 개수:1820
Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:31 am
Omg guys....

We say CBA players are noobs and bash them for never wanting to play other maps. Get out your comfort zone and play some new stuff.

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _YaSiR_

참가 일: 25 November 2011
글 개수:49
Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:26 pm
Sign me in! THnx :-)

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
123[4]567891011
46 - 60 총 155 포스트 중
포럼 점프
2 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 2게스트

What's popular right now: