I miss the old days

mich

Edited 30 January 2013 - 22:06 pm by mich
SuNo_DeHuN wrote:
I miss the old days

Jes indeed. AoK DM wars <3

MindRoTT wrote:
experenced players don't teach, they only want to improve their score.

Not true.

http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/211/Honored-Members
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [MaJoR]_Sinder

Edited 31 January 2013 - 00:12 am by [MaJoR]_Sinder
Not being funny but it isn't easy to teach. From my experience people that want to learn from "better", higher rated players either want to skip corners and naively believe they'll be your rating in 2 weeks, or be ignorant to your teachings and only hear that which they want to hear. It's also hard to get the meaning of what you're trying to say across. If people could be taught through the internet with ease it would be more publicly desired. You can't get the right tone across to emphasise things and it takes an enormous amount of time to compile and structure that which you want to say so that it is easy to read and pick up by the player. Then you've got criticism to look forward to, a general lack of thanks and credit once the player is gifted with the knowledge he/she wished to acquire and the flaw of subjectivity as one player may not see it as you do.

Try it sometime on something you are above average at. It's no mean feat.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [MaJoR]_Sinder

Edited 31 January 2013 - 00:21 am by [MaJoR]_Sinder
MindRoTT wrote:
experenced players don't teach, they only want to improve their score.

P.S no one held my hand to get the rating I achieved and took the time to obtain. I kmow the community is dying but score and rating is a reflection of skill if earned fairly so why shouldn't an expert be allowed to enjoy his increase of "score"? If you were an expert now I bet you wouldn't bother to reply here. You would join in the ranks.

I don't mind streaming tips and lessons, its just finding the interest. PM me and I'll arrange a time to give something back.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 am
Most of people here were 12~15 years old, obviously they used to enjoy it a lot more due to their age. The same to me, I never played in the MSN Zone before cause as soon as I started playing on-line it was gone, so I moved to GameSpy Arcade, but yeah anyway I miss those days, I was younger and enjoyed a lot more playing, let's say what we all miss is to be 12~15 years old :P
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Good

Posted 6 February 2013 - 14:14 pm
I don't remember MSN Zone being drastically different from the way Voobly is now. There was still hostility, still smurfs... there were still people that "bully". It's not the same any more. The reason there are only 50 players is because the game is like 12 years old and DM is not as favoured a game type as RM, which was kind of the whole basis Age of Empires The Conqs was built on.

DM is just an addon, lets face it. DM was never balanced properly and that means that in team games it's harder to win consistently, even if you are very good. If anything that brings about its own balance to the people that try to dominate. Okay, DM lobby doesn't have the best qualities but you are judging a very small corner of a once dominant and proud community. Minority is just bitter for the losses it has suffered.

FYI it doesn't take 12 hours a day to perfect this game... I don't play much these days and IMO the game is less about practise and more about understanding.

If you spent 1 hour next to an experienced player you would see that, same as in RM. Best RMers don't become 1700 overnight, takes long extended periods of inactivity.

I used to believe that tho, that practise made perfect, play everyday... if my mood is bad, I will be bad. It's all BS at the end of the day. Either you know how to win or you don't: it's that simple.

Off tracking a bit but really my 2cents is past was great and it will exist in our memories as great but MSN had its flaws too and Voobly do a GREAT job so don't knock them too much for trying to save a dead game that you still come to play, bullies or not.

Top post, along with your others. Very, very well said Rich.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Inconspicuous

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:42 am
Ah, the good old days when KD_ZOET wasnt a moderator :D and Scary_Worm was the best member+
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Nazgul_Megatron

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:05 pm
I miss being 14 :(
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [dv8]xMag

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:45 pm
[Eot_]DJ wrote:
Most of people here were 12~15 years old, obviously they used to enjoy it a lot more due to their age. The same to me, I never played in the MSN Zone before cause as soon as I started playing on-line it was gone, so I moved to GameSpy Arcade, but yeah anyway I miss those days, I was younger and enjoyed a lot more playing, let's say what we all miss is to be 12~15 years old :P
Agreed. And i wasnt even born 15 yrs back when AoC was released xD
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 NociaM

Edited 12 March 2013 - 18:45 pm by NociaM
Damn alot of noobs here talking... rsrsrs jokin yall.. good to see some names here still... take care! hopefully i be back!

SiCk_FLuSh
sL_4YoU
mYsTiKaLMiNd and others...
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [MM]_MuZZa

Posted 21 March 2013 - 22:39 pm
Do you think it's possible for voobly to have more users online than LoL before we all get too old? I'll go grab some sun lolly ice creams and Haribo star mix whilst I'm waiting :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=finPQLzOLUU
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 silver_beard

Posted 22 March 2013 - 00:53 am
whats to miss?
msn, over run with cheats/hackers using tormentiums hacks.
little to no lobby moderation.
MS doing sweet f,,all.
should have closed sooner, typical MS.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ToI2n]ToI2n_Templar

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:40 am
If you have AIM, add me: totorrance
Or find me on voobly DM lobby: [ToI2n]_Templar or polishedlake
I haven't played in years, but aoe is like riding a bike. :]
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:49 pm
whats to miss?
msn, over run with cheats/hackers using tormentiums hacks.
little to no lobby moderation.
MS doing sweet f,,all.
should have closed sooner, typical MS.

no lobby moderation was amazing <3
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _ChampioN__

Edited 4 October 2013 - 01:10 am by _ChampioN__
Well im an old zone player like some....But the only thing i miss is the amount of players:
Latin chat, Medieval Siege, Uneasy Alliences, Lepanto, Rated room 1, Rated room 2. it was crazy how u needed to be in the screen waiting for someone to leave the ladder so u could enter....

BuT! i didnt liked thoese Unrated Roms; Some Team Games was really really unffair, and there was NOT a single 3v3 4v4 Rated Game.

But zone wasnt the best place to play and this is why; First of all, rated 1v1 games were a lot of time CHEAT, specially DROP CHEAT, so the other guy took ur points, there was also the map hack, etc.

I HATED also the way sometimes zone droped like every week or 2
Also, u guys cry to much about voobly updates, well in zone there were not a single one, and if u had to reinstall ur msn zone, it would took like 10 mins if ur conection was 32 kb and 5 mins if it was 56k.
Furthermore, u guys cry about smurfing, well in zone techincally 1 of every 3 players was smurf, specially in rated rooms, and there was not such a thing like watching the recorded game of ur favorite players if u wasnt in the game.

Anyway i can name 123123123 things voobly have, that it makes a very good place to play, the only problem is there are not enough players now...but definitly voobly is better, way better.

PD: Error syncro was 1 every 4 games in the past, and a lot of players couldnt play in zone due to lack of routers that let u open ports etc, and it really suex
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 L_Clan_Ninja

Posted 4 October 2013 - 03:48 am
True guys, we all miss zone... but we need to be happy we can play this game again :P

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
1[2]3
16 - 30 총 36 포스트 중
포럼 점프
2 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 2게스트

What's popular right now: