Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Weird green tint in fog of war playing age of empires 2

Weird green tint in fog of war playing age of empires 2

shaxxx

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:49 am
Hi,

Images of the issue: Some images: [You must login to view link]

So I recently bought a Dell monitor S2716DGR. Currently the monitor is hooked up to my laptop(Acer Aspire VX) using HDMI. Playing Age of Empires 2(@ 2560x1440), I am having a horrid time with the colors. They keep switching back and forth in fog of war having a strange green tint. Need some advice on how to fix this as this is one of the games that can run on a toaster. Laptop does have a 1050Ti card but I am unable to force it to use the dedicated graphic card. I have tried updating the drivers without any luck.

Please let me know if I can provide any further info. Look for any advice that can fix this, its killing my eyes. Can even post a video as well if needed.

Laptop specs: 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM 16 GB Ram 256 GB SSD

Monitor: Dell S2717DGR

Thanks
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 hassan

Edited 12 December 2018 - 16:11 pm by hassan
Hi.

About the colors :
It seems to me like a hardware issue. From what I understood, you get the good color then it switches continuously or maybe periodically to that green tint.
I would recommand you to check your HDMI cable, or even test with another one.

About the GTX 1050Ti :
Old games (such as AoC) don't have a native support for the new dedicated NVIDIA cards. It will always use the primary graphic card (In your case, you have the Intel® HD Graphics 630 since your processor is the 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ )

Hope I helped you.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 jabacaxi

Edited 25 December 2018 - 11:06 am by jabacaxi
I've had that problem too, it's related to the monitor, not the computer (You can check that by making a screenshot of the game and then moving/resizing that screenshot around - You should notice that it's still changing between that green tint and normal despite being a picture). So you need to play around with your monitor settings like contrast etc.
If it has different presets, try those.
For me unfortunately the only thing that helped was turning down the resolution from 1440p to 1080p.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Troy

Posted 25 December 2018 - 18:44 pm
Just try adjusting the sharpness on the monitor. You will see the difference in fog of war. :)

Have a good Christmas/new years. ;flowers
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 GregStein

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:35 am
Under your monitor screen there are buttons, use them to access the menu and change the color profile to "sRGB" profile this latter is dedicated to RTS games such aoe2, sc2 etc.

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
[1]
1 - 5 총 5 포스트 중
포럼 점프
1 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 1게스트

What's popular right now: