DirectPlay wont stay checked.

Heckbro

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:55 am
Help!

Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Failure!

...Is as far as i get when i try to join an AoC lobby, and when i go to activate DirectPlay in Legacy Components (http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/1623), it asks me to restart my computer to complete the installation. After starting windows up again though, when i go to check to see if it DirectPlay's box is still checked, it isnt...

How do i get DirectPlay to stay on? Im currently using windows 10.

Thankyou
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 kitt

Posted 16 February 2018 - 13:31 pm
hi
win 10 should be using DX 12 or what ever already.
try setting up from this guide: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Heckbro

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:35 am
Hi Kitt,

Ive tried it before and meticulously tried it again just now, and i still come to the same problem :

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Failure!

DirectPlay failed to load properly. This is probably an OS installation bug. You might need to reinstall your operating system. Windows 8.1 and later users can install DirectPlay through Control Panel -> Programs -> Turns Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay.

This is so frustrating! How do you advise me to proceed?
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 kitt

Edited 20 February 2018 - 00:27 am by kitt
hi
do you have the user account enabled and are you logged in to the pc as a admin?
while installing if you have an anti-virus and a pc firewall on, try turning them off during the install and see. also close down skype.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Heckbro

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:28 am
Yep, im admin, i dont have skype installed at all, and im not sure what the firewall would prevent installing exactly?
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 kitt

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:17 am
hi
its what some MS forums have recommended for this problem
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Heckbro

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:10 pm
Ive tried it all again... with no luck.
Im sure its probably the most basic of things that im getting wrong, but i can seem to find what!

installed compatibility patch V5 into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD
is that correct? at the end of the day, i feel like it has to be something that im not getting right with the patch, because it just doesnt seem to want to pick up that im using directx 12, and that it still wants to activate DirectPlay for some reason! ><!!
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 kitt

Edited 22 February 2018 - 16:08 pm by kitt
hi
did you follow this guide exactly?: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
do you have an anti-virus app installed?
on the legacy page, is the netframework 3.5/4.5 checked?
if you have the game cd, it may install dp/dx automatically. [or any older game cd.]
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Heckbro

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:58 am
Hi,
I have meticulously followed the guide yes
I have no anti virus apps installed
on the legacy page, is the netframework 3.5/4.5 are not checked, and when i do check them, and reboot the computer, they stay unchecked, just like my DirectPlay issue
And, i dont have the game cd, i download it off of steam.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Heckbro

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:11 am
Followed the steps, says its all repaired and clean, tried reinstalling aoe2, voobly and everything, and STILL doesnt work :(

I give up... thanks for all the help anyways guys!

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
[1]
1 - 10 총 10 포스트 중
포럼 점프
1 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 1게스트

Lo más popular ahora:
Word Association (77 usuarios)
CBA PathBlood 1.8.0 (54 usuarios)
1.6 reward campaing (52 usuarios)
AoKTS updates (46 usuarios)
New Voobly Client 2.7 (22 usuarios)