resolution problem

TheeClark

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:32 am
I play on a 2560 x 1440 monitor but on aoe2 on voobly i play with 1920x1080 and for some reason now I dont even have the option to select my prefered res out of no where?, ive tried changing some things like uncheck force res in game settings but it doesnt give me the option to go to 1920x1080, can anybody help? do i need a mod for this or something?. I dont wnat to have to change my display res just to play on voobly aoe and then change back for my fps game,s please help i cant find any info anywhere else
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 +kwin

Edited 20 September 2017 - 08:16 am by +kwin
I had a monitor with your resolution 2+ years back, now I have two 4k monitors, I found out it’s not always easy.

Try this:

Take a room in any AOC lobby, check the option “start at single player menu”

I think it should work with these settings checked:

Resolution Tool, check “force desktop resolution in game”
Resolution Tool, command bar position, check “userpatch”
Direct X, check “Render in 32 bit color”
Direct X, check “Disable hardware acceleration”
Windows compatibility, check “Run as administrator”
(Sometimes the option “run in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode” must be checked too, I have it unchecked, if needed, try checked and unchecked)

If this should not work, try same settings but with this option checked:
Windows compatibility, “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

Especially when you have more than 1 monitor, I guess you would like the option Direct X “start in window mode”. When the above settings work, try it also with that option on, but it can result in things like the game is not using your whole screen, or it can use more than your screen, if the last thing happen, then you can’t go to the option button after you started the game, in that case you can just close AOC and change resolution lower in the options of the first window you get in single player menu.

I like playing in 2560x1440, and I found the right options to play it like that in windowed mode on my 4k screen, but I can only play 1920x1080 full screen if I turn windowed mode off. (I just checked, with window mode on, I am using only a part of my screen with 1920x1080 resolution).

Also, your hardware must be able to play 1920x1080, and if you have your windows scaled or not can make a difference too (my windows is scaled).

If none of the above works, I can’t help you from here, but maybe others can, I am not one of the tech guys on this site, I only have some experience with this because I have higher resolution screens already many years…

If you find the right settings, pls share them here, there is not so much info yet for playing with higher resolutions screens, it would help others too and if needed, if you ever have to change them again, you can find them back here…

Anyway, wish you Good luck ;)

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
[1]
1 - 2 총 2 포스트 중
포럼 점프
1 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 1게스트