(Help) NoBlending Terrains Feature as a visual mod

[BoRT]mfc_

Edited 21 January 2015 - 19:16 pm by [BoRT]mfc_
NoBlending Terrains Feature:
Vanilla AoC Terrains with NoBlending:
[You must login to view link]
Hello,
Applying this provides us perfect distinguishable square tiles so we can know where tiles change perfectly.
And it works with all other terrain mods.
This comes with a little editing of empires2_x1_p1.dat in data folder.
You must login into Voobly to view image

Edited empires2_x1_p1.dat is in download.
(only blend priority of all terrains changed to 0, rest is untouched)
Thhis doesn't affect online gameplay and it is totally visual. So others dont need to change their *.dat files.

BUT
I can't seem to find a way to implement it to voobly as a visual mod since it requires .dat file editing.
I have already played many games with edited and nonedited .dat file'd aoe's and they never crash or something, because it doesnt affect gameplay.
Is it possible to add this feature as a visual mod?
Also I see that some HD users already have it with their steam workshops, it should be possible I think:/
Download from attachment!
첨부파일:
empires2_x1_p1.dat (파일 크기) 908 KB)
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 January 2015 - 17:54 pm
You can upload this as a visual mod - http://www.voobly.com/games/view/13/Game-Mods
It will make it easier to use for other voobly players.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _Hacks

Edited 21 January 2015 - 18:08 pm by _Hacks
A .dat file cant be uploaded as visual mod. Try adding it as data mod. And launch aoc via voobly, in your game room, choose start game as single player.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:07 pm
But that requires for others to have it also and disables anti-cheat etc. I dont want it to be a data mod.
Because that ruins the purpose.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _Hacks

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:10 pm
1.4RC is already built in. You can add anyother mod with it. This is your only choice. :)
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _Hacks

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:14 pm
Can you integrate your edited terrains in the normal slp of terrains if you do it will work. Slp graphics can be visual.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [BoRT]mfc_

Edited 21 January 2015 - 18:30 pm by [BoRT]mfc_
Look, I havent edited any graphic, Only thing i made is changing Blend Priority value of all terrains to 0.
It's a data feature that affects visuals.
You cannot get the effect with pure slp files.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _Hacks

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:54 pm
If it goes back to be a .dat file. It can be added as data mod only. Try contact high mods or admins. Maybe they can help.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 21 January 2015 - 19:30 pm by [MM]Gallas
I can't say more than Hacks. This option need to be game data mod.

You can make it into private .dat like the editor's data mod (unhide all unit), but Voobly always use own files to avoid sync error.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 January 2015 - 19:39 pm
Hi again. Sorry for the wrong answer at start. Could you tell me if you were able to run it in 1.0c mine didn't work in SP, worked fine with 1.4 RC in SP.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 21 January 2015 - 20:05 pm
It works for both 1.0c and 1.4rc SP (Just tested 1.0c)
I don't see a reason for it to not work, because AdvancedGenieEditor3 is originally designed for 1.0c
and they both use same resources.
Also you can use it for your non-voobly games because it doesn't break or affect gameplay in anyway;)
And voobly uses it's own empires2_x1_v1.dat which is exact equal of empires2_x1_p1.dat so you can keep both at the same time.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 January 2015 - 20:28 pm
It crashes for me when I use it for 1.0c. Also, sorry, the anti-cheat feature of Voobly stops being able to use other different .dat files in order to prevent cheating. Dat files are only allowed with the Game Mod selection. So, it's not possible and likely never will be.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 PantsRDragon_

Posted 6 March 2015 - 06:10 am
Hey bro I would really appreciate it if you could make a new grid like this, I'm not sure how it would look in game, maybe it's too thick, would have to figure out the optimal thickness/color (I edited the light grid mod from voobly in paint):
Version 1:

Version 2:

I much prefer version 1 (maybe a bit thinner, not sure). Basically this helps you build much better, for example if you're building a series of 3x3 buildings, unless there is 0 delay in game as if your playing against computers you have to visualize the space a building takes to drop a new building right next to it, the grid helps but this would help more since you don't have to count lines 1 by 1, thanks very much for the grid bro!
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 9 March 2015 - 15:01 pm
Done, http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/473/Advanced-Grid
also more detailed answer: [You must login to view link]

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
[1]
1 - 14 총 14 포스트 중
포럼 점프
1 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 1게스트