Ants tips and tricks help

PrettyBoySchwag

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:34 am
Soo.. Today the best thing happened to meand that is finding out ants still existed! Use to play this game waaayyy back then and i love it!

I am having a little trouble remembering how to do some tips and tricks such as: standing on a power up, how to teleport fight (pretty much always attacking faster then the enemy ant, you hit them and if u do it properly you can chain attack them and they cant do anything)

If anyone remembers any tips or tricks please post and jog my memory xD
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Lima

Edited 27 April 2013 - 18:23 pm by Lima
Hi, welcome back. :)

The game barely survives, but we're like 4-5 players that are the pièce de resistance, hehe.

Now, straight to the point.
  • Standing on power up is very straight forward. Basically, all you have to do is to give your ant an order for an impossible action immediately before you grab the power up. You have to time this accurately. I will give you a few examples for each ant.
    • Fire ant - just right-click on water tile, grass, stone, piece of food, mud tile or any other object, i.e. give an order to put fire at that location.
    • Bomber ant - idem.
    • Swimmer ant - idem (except right-click on water which is a possible action, i.e. build a mud bridge)
    • Combat ant - left-click in a location that is unreachable, i.e. an island, surrounded by fire, your own/teammate bombs (enemy bombs are not considered a blocking object from your ants perspective in their walk path) or any or object (the map corners in Treasure map).
    • Normal ant - idem.
    • Thief ant - idem; left-clicking on an enemy anthill whose thief hole is fired up also works.

Pressing CTRL+S repeatedly also works, but if you press just once you ant walks off the power up and it will be exposed to incoming attacks. Remember, keep pressing repeatedly to stay on the power up! This is very useful if you want to hide for short period of time. You can also use this trick to hide in the thief hole after stealing.
  • Humping you mentioned as 'teleport fight'. This is a very important technique to micro your ants around, especially in 1vs1 ant fights. However, the principle is very important in and useful in many other situations, i.e. mud humping (walk faster on mud), dodging, etc. If you do not know how to hump, you are lost, unless you are playing against newbies. :P When you are fighting 1vs1 ant , i.e. head-on-head fights and you are hitting an enemy ant, after hitting it just attack it again after it lands from the previously hit; you don't really need to hump to be able to kill it. However, if you are fighting on mud tiles you REALLY have to hump, otherwise you get an hitback. I also advise you to hump on sand tiles. As far as stone (known as ice) tiles go, after you perform an hit, just hold on a bit and then attack the ant again. If you attack too fast, your ant will shake its head just as saying it cannot hit tne enemy ant. This happens because ants walk very fast on stone, and you be able to cover 1 tile distance after hitting an ant just before the enemy ant lands from the taken hit. When you try to attack in this situation, the ant cannot perform an attack move which means you have to wait a bit. However, then I say 'wait a bit' it's like a second, not more. If you wait too long, you give the enemy ant enough time to recover and counter attack. Again, time this accurately.

To explain you how to hump properly is a bit complicated. For learning purposes, it's better seen than reading a bunch of text. But, anyways, I will try my best here. When your ant is standing still, click on the tile next to it you want to walk to and just immediately before you reach that tile completely, left-click on the next tile you want to walk to. The effect is like you are 'skipping' a fraction of the tile and thus it will seem you walk faster, which is what exactly happens. If you repeat this process over and over and, once more, timing it accurately then you are humping for good. :) Feel free to watch gameplay around Youtube, there are many replays there and you can see how to hump properly.

If you have any other questions, just ask away. ;)
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 PrettyBoySchwag

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:09 am
Awesome you answered all my q's! If i have any trouble ill add u and maybe u can show me a demonstration :)
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 CoMb_R

Posted 28 April 2013 - 22:53 pm
Where you in AFF back on the zone?

Basically yea all that Lima said, here is a link to Ants Youtube

ANTS Tube
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Lima

Posted 28 April 2013 - 23:23 pm
Awesome you answered all my q's! If i have any trouble ill add u and maybe u can show me a demonstration :)

Sure, I think we can arrange that any time soon. :)
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 PrettyBoySchwag

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:00 am
I was in the zone just cant remember what clan i was in haha. Was sooo long ago xD

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
[1]
1 - 6 총 6 포스트 중
포럼 점프
1 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 1게스트

What's popular right now:
Most active threads in past week: