How do I defend against Rush?

IYIyTh

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:32 pm
It seems like every game I get rushed. It's really kind of annoying. I find rushing repulsive and completely counter to what a RTS should be about.

I want to know what kind of defenses I can put up (I don't want to rush the other guy, but when he gets to my base realizes he just wasted all of his resources.) I hate that RM is basically scripted now with people going "OH LOOK I GOT X CIV LET'S FOLLOW MAYAN RUSH, FLUSH," or other nonsense.

Thanks.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ lYl ]AoE_TC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:57 pm
wall Wall WAll WALl WALL
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [8th]Strykerr

Posted 11 November 2012 - 13:53 pm
rush before u get rushed
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Xap

Edited 11 November 2012 - 13:56 pm by Xap
This game is about rush and it's about optimization.
It's supposed that people should learn rush or at least make an army as fast as possible.
Try to do it yourself training.
Otherwise play maps like michi or bf.
Walls are a way but still they cost time and stone or wood.
The best way is for you to learn to rush. Try to do some pikes and skirms, scout or archers and towers as fast as possbile.
That's the only good way. Even if you don't go after your enemies you will be able to defend attacks.
To me your question sounds like - how can i defend rush if i don't know how to play?
You can't.
If you don't want to learn you can still play for fun, at least sometimes, when enemies don't go after you right from the start.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Keepo

Posted 11 November 2012 - 14:26 pm
Open maps = rush unless you re like 19++ and other guy is 15+...

'Boom' (Fast Castle + Tow ncenters and making villagers and make army later ofc) should be used inclosed maps only.

watch recording games at aoczone.net.

walls wont save you vs mass army.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 11 November 2012 - 15:07 pm
Such an arrogant post. RTS is about real time strategy, and the variety of rush is a strategy.

You're mad because you're losing. Stick to Michi 45 min cut if you can't handle the rush.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 IYIyTh

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:16 am
Such an arrogant post. RTS is about real time strategy, and the variety of rush is a strategy.

You're mad because you're losing. Stick to Michi 45 min cut if you can't handle the rush.

How is it arrogant, ****nozzle?

An RTS doesn't mean every single game every user does the same boring (cheap,) tactics designed to prevent the game from progressing naturally.

"Go watch recorded games of people doing the exact same thing."

It's stupid.

"To counter a rush, you should definitely rush."

So stupid. Is rushing OP then?
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 am
It's arrogant to expect the game to cater to your needs because you don't have the mental prowess to handle how AoC RM is played competitively.

The only stupidity on display is your inability to try to adapt to how this game has been played for the last decade, whether it be from a novice level like yours to the expert level where people make money.

All you seem to do is make an absolute ****ing joke out of yourself complaining about everything in this game lately across the forums. I can't name an RTS I've tried where you can sit at your base for 20 minutes without being attacked or harassed?

You've been given an option to play Michi 45 Min Cut where you're protected by a forest for 45 minutes, so you won't lose to a rush again. Try it, should suit a 14xx skilled player like yourself in Rm.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 IYIyTh

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:41 am
It's arrogant to expect the game to cater to your needs because you don't have the mental prowess to handle how AoC RM is played competitively.

The only stupidity on display is your inability to try to adapt to how this game has been played for the last decade, whether it be from a novice level like yours to the expert level where people make money.

All you seem to do is make an absolute ****ing joke out of yourself complaining about everything in this game lately across the forums. I can't name an RTS I've tried where you can sit at your base for 20 minutes without being attacked or harassed?

You've been given an option to play Michi 45 Min Cut where you're protected by a forest for 45 minutes, so you won't lose to a rush again. Try it, should suit a 14xx skilled player like yourself in Rm.

Mental prowess?

You mean memorizing hotkeys and the order of using them and consider it playing as a matter of who micro's those hotkeys faster instead of true strategy?

You're a ****. The gaul to call someone stupid when your idea of strategy is memorizing someone elses is truly hilarious.

Adapting to what is at its base the mundane repetition of clicks is ****ed. You state 20 minutes, but most of the time you are rushed in 12 or less. As for your hilarious rant about how many ****s you swallow every day of your life, I'll just not acknowledge that as a defense for your abhorrent incomprehension of how much of a dolt you seem to be.

"You should adapt to a ****ty style of play that is based more on making sure the game never actually develops," isn't an adequate answer.

What's hilarious is that point blank when pressed on how redundant your pathetic "gaming," skills are, your only retort to the original question is that you simply can't not defend the rush, you can only rush the other person. Meaning that the game has either a serious flaw or rushing is extremely OP.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ xHEROx ]Fozzy

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:53 am
IYIyTh wrote:
Mental prowess?

You mean memorizing hotkeys and the order of using them and consider it playing as a matter of who micro's those hotkeys faster instead of true strategy?

You're a ****. The gaul to call someone stupid when your idea of strategy is memorizing someone elses is truly hilarious.Adapting to what is at its base the mundane repetition of clicks is ****ed. You state 20 minutes, but most of the time you are rushed in 12 or less. As for your hilarious rant about how many ****s you swallow every day of your life, I'll just not acknowledge that as a defense for your abhorrent incomprehension of how much of a dolt you seem to be.

"You should adapt to a ****ty style of play that is based more on making sure the game never actually develops," isn't an adequate answer.

What's hilarious is that point blank when pressed on how redundant your pathetic "gaming," skills are, your only retort to the original question is that you simply can't not defend the rush, you can only rush the other person. Meaning that the game has either a serious flaw or rushing is extremely OP.

+1 , especially in BF, everyone follows the same strategy..... everyone is c age at the same time
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:06 am
IYIyTh wrote:
Mental prowess?

No. There's a bunch of variety in mental strategies. Obviously better players and going to use hotkeys, take a look at Starcraft 2. You're that ****ing clueless about RTS. I guess sitting at your base for 30 minutes allowing your enemy to do whatever they want is really the essence of strategy you're trying to bring across right? It's not the least bit strategical to harass, or prevent your enemy from achieving the strategy they want to pull off, right?
IYIyTh wrote:
You're a ****. The gaul to call someone stupid when your idea of strategy is memorizing someone elses is truly hilarious.

No, that's your assumption. Who's the **** now? You are.
IYIyTh wrote:
Adapting to what is at its base the mundane repetition of clicks is ****ed. You state 20 minutes, but most of the time you are rushed in 12 or less. As for your hilarious rant about how many ****s you swallow every day of your life, I'll just not acknowledge that as a defense for your abhorrent incomprehension of how much of a dolt you seem to be.

Rant, please? Read what I stated, you completely misread it. I wrote that I can't name any form of RTS where you're not attacked before 20 minutes online that I've tried. The need for you to bring in the childish **** sucking remarks highlights your insecurities and lack of coherent sense.
IYIyTh wrote:

I never said that at all. I told you to go try Michi 45 Min Cut where you won't have to adapt to any form of rush whatsoever.
IYIyTh wrote:

You know what's really funny? You completely ignore what's written to you, you read little portions of sentences that you are able to somehow misconstrue completely, then serve up garbage as a response and rant about sucking ****s or something.

If you wanted a blunt response, you suck at this game, have always sucked at this game, you have not even the slightest clue of what strategy even means and your forum skills are that of a 7 year old. You vent your problems against the game, instead of acknowledging your weaknesses.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 EdGe__

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:18 am
how do i 'LIKE' that last post?
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 IYIyTh

Edited 13 November 2012 - 05:20 am by IYIyTh
No. There's a bunch of variety in mental strategies. Obviously better players and going to use hotkeys, take a look at Starcraft 2. You're that ****ing clueless about RTS. I guess sitting at your base for 30 minutes allowing your enemy to do whatever they want is really the essence of strategy you're trying to bring across right? It's not the least bit strategical to harass, or prevent your enemy from achieving the strategy they want to pull off, right?

No, that's your assumption. Who's the **** now? You are.

Rant, please? Read what I stated, you completely misread it. I wrote that I can't name any form of RTS where you're not attacked before 20 minutes online that I've tried. The need for you to bring in the childish **** sucking remarks highlights your insecurities and lack of coherent sense.

I never said that at all. I told you to go try Michi 45 Min Cut where you won't have to adapt to any form of rush whatsoever.

You know what's really funny? You completely ignore what's written to you, you read little portions of sentences that you are able to somehow misconstrue completely, then serve up garbage as a response and rant about sucking ****s or something.

If you wanted a blunt response, you suck at this game, have always sucked at this game, you have not even the slightest clue of what strategy even means and your forum skills are that of a 7 year old. You vent your problems against the game, instead of acknowledging your weaknesses.

Isn't that what your first response was?

Stop eating ****.

The TLDR from your post is: My mindless memorization of hotkeys and the two variations of Rushing strategy are vastly superior super strategy and everyone who disagrees is just stupid! I epitomize strategy because my super super l337 skills allow me to taunt others on forums and I base their worth and/or intellect on ratings because I suck big floppy donkey ****. Also you are terrible at this game because the only way to play is RM, where everyone uses the same two or three rushing strategies that there is literally no defense to because it is admittedly impossible to prevent. Btw these strategies designed to end the game within 15 minutes because if I had to actually think about what i was doing for any longer I might have to rely on something other than my memorized

VILL 1-6 SUCK ****
VILL 7 COPY OTHER GUYS STRATEGY
VILL 8-25 LOVE **** MORE
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 IYIyTh

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:15 am
EdGe__ wrote:
how do i 'LIKE' that last post?

You quote it mindlessly, or ...well crap. You have it covered.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:11 am
rofl...

So, to sum up: the commanders of the classical age and medieval ages were noobs for using skirmishing units to harass the enemies battle lines before their mainline infantry attacked. That is essentially the same thing.
Quote:
If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck - Athenagoras of Syracuse

In war we must be speedy - Silius Italicus

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
[1]2345
1 - 15 총 73 포스트 중
포럼 점프
1 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 1게스트

What's popular right now:
Most active threads in past week: