Community Forums > General > Suggestions & New Game Support > Vote for change of point trade rules

Vote for change of point trade rules

Poll: Noob bashing = PT?
Yes
No
 __CarnAge____

그룹: 스탠다드 멤버십
참가 일: 27 September 2011
글 개수:490
Posted 25 September 2012 - 16:53 pm
So it's easy question. Should be noob bashing be consider as point trading. Still there should be rules exceptions to be added, maybe don't use this rule in ffa game, or if you play like 50% vs noobs 50% vs same or higher rate in some period lets say 1 month, you shouldn't be punished something like that.
By noobs i don't think players who don't know game, I think about players who are 150 - 200 points lower than you or eaven more...
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _DZ_PikATSu_

참가 일: 24 April 2012
글 개수:129
Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:01 pm
Lol its Stupid.

If someone is 2k+ all ladders he will wait if he ever get anyone 2k+ on Alternative or Castle Blood to get 2 games?

Some people play whoever just to spend some time .
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Good

참가 일: 28 July 2011
글 개수:3763
Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:03 pm
I vote no.

It would be impossible.

If you think this is something that could be implemented, maybe try re-writing the current rules on point trading in a way which satisfies you. Then we can consider this properly.

"Ban noob bashers" - isn't going to cut it either.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Novaya__

참가 일: 15 October 2011
글 개수:327
Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:11 pm
It seems almost all the players in CS play for rate. What happened to fun? If a noob doesn't want to get owned by a "noob basher", why does he play vs them? And if the "noob basher" gets too high of a rate from playing noobs, so what? Say cool story bro and move on.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ AA ]upside_umop_

참가 일: 27 June 2012
글 개수:84
Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:13 pm
There is far too much 'noob bashing' for fake rate going on inside voobly, but it is damn near impossible to moderate :(
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 __CarnAge____

Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:15 pm
You guys didn't understand it. You are allowed to play vs noobs but you are NOT allowed to play your EVERY game vs noobs. I'm just saying if you play last say 80 out of 100 games in one month vs some noobs who are like 300 points lower than you that should be punished.

Let's say it in this way. Estigma is example. His rate is not real at all, because he avoided playing vs any better player and with this rule his rate would be way way more accurate. Or someone who learn to play bloods like month ago ( actualy learn one map to noob bash ) and suddenly we get some new 2k blood player with some incredible win procent like over 95%
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Good

Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:28 pm
You guys didn't understand it. You are allowed to play vs noobs but you are NOT allowed to play your EVERY game vs noobs. I'm just saying if you play last say 80 out of 100 games in one month vs some noobs who are like 300 points lower than you that should be punished.

Let's say it in this way. Estigma is example. His rate is not real at all, because he avoided playing vs any better player and with this rule his rate would be way way more accurate. Or someone who learn to play bloods like month ago ( actualy learn one map to noob bash ) and suddenly we get some new 2k blood player with some incredible win procent like over 95%

So word the new rule. I don't think it's possible without being too open to interpretation of "noob".
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 __CarnAge____

Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:35 pm
Good wrote:
So word the new rule. I don't think it's possible without being too open to interpretation of "noob".

Let's say everyone 200 - 300 points under you? You can play a few games against them, but if you are 2k and you play 50 games more to get 50 more points that should be punished. That's what I'm saying.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Good

Edited 25 September 2012 - 17:53 pm by Good
Let's say everyone 200 - 300 points under you? You can play a few games against them, but if you are 2k and you play 50 games more to get 50 more points that should be punished. That's what I'm saying.
Ok, so the rule is if you play 50 games against someone 300 or more points under you, your rating gets reset.
    Do the games have to be played consecutively?

What if they play 49 games against someone 299 under them, but it's a really bad player?

What if they played 51 games against someone and won 50 points, but then on the last game they lose vs them and lose 32 points?

Does it apply to team games?
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

참가 일: 9 June 2010
글 개수:9106
Edited 25 September 2012 - 18:23 pm by [BH_]lnIghTzl
imo carnage makes a good point, and the point trading policy should be changed because noob bashing is really considered as point trading. there are many cases of point trading where the policy does not even fit in it. for example in RCB, or if you have a 2k+ account and your friend who just happens to make a new account, or purposely lose on the new account and make it 14+, in order to help raise your friend's rate to a higher rate.. is really considered as point trading.. or if you refuse to play players in general or want to play pure beginners, ton of case scenarios there.

point being, there definately should be a change in policy.

edit: i have punished some players who have those sort of actions and warned them about it, because really there is no skill towards these kinds of actions.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 +_Blackmore

그룹: 게임 관리
참가 일: 6 April 2009
글 개수:5134
Posted 25 September 2012 - 18:33 pm
I play vs lower rated players. Because almost no high rated players playing FN. But that doesnt mean that I play only vs noobs, there are good FN players low rated, because they play other maps too.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Good

Posted 25 September 2012 - 18:35 pm
imo carnage makes a good point, and the point trading policy should be changed because noob bashing is really considered as point trading. there are many cases of point trading where the policy does not even fit in it. for example in RCB, or if you have a 2k+ account and your friend who just happens to make a new account, or purposely lose on the new account and make it 14+, in order to help raise your friend's rate to a higher rate.. is really considered as point trading.. or if you refuse to play players in general or want to play pure beginners, ton of case scenarios there.

point being, there definately should be a change in policy.

I disagree. You shouldn't tell people who they can and can't play with. If a 2k player wants to risk losing 32 points by playing a 1600 rated player in a 1v1 then so be it. Both players have equal chance of winning (assuming same civs - if random civs, even better chance for 1600 player if he gets lucky!!). It takes the 2k player 32 games and lots of time to win the same number of points. I think the risk ratio is sufficient and that's why the ESO rating system is designed like it is. There are a hundred scenarios I can think of where players would make excuses to get out of this and it's not down to us to regulate this sort of issue.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Good

Posted 25 September 2012 - 18:43 pm
P.S. On MSN Gaming Zone, the ESO was structured so that if there was >400 points beween the players, then the higher rated player was not able to win any points. So even if a 2400 rated player played someone 1999 rated and won, he wouldn't even win a point.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 _DZ_PikATSu_

참가 일: 24 April 2012
글 개수:129
And if we have 19-2k alternative or bloods names and none higher than 1600-1700 playing us cause pros afraid to get raped this means we must stop playing these ladders ? LoL
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 __CarnAge____

Good wrote:
Ok, so the rule is if you play 50 games against someone 300 or more points under you, your rating gets reset.
    Do the games have to be played consecutively?

What if they play 49 games against someone 299 under them, but it's a really bad player?

What if they played 51 games against someone and won 50 points, but then on the last game they lose vs them and lose 32 points?

Does it apply to team games?

Lets say, we look all his game for example, all his games played in last 2 weeks ( doesn't need to be last 2 week can be any period ) and then we see that he played 100 cba games, out of those 100 games 60 were played vs "noobs" he should get punished. In team games too if noob ( by rate ) is involved in enemy team. But also in your team too ( so smurfs will be stopped )

let's take this match for example

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/7109918

striker who is 2k plays with his smurf friend who is 400 points under him and some other played who is probably smurf too who is 450 points under him ( so striker gets more points ) and they play vs 3 players, one 450 points, 200 and one almost 500 points under. THat is clear noob bashing.

Or estigma doing this http://www.voobly.com/match/view/6939615
ect ect ect

Mods should have a bit freedom in judging who is point trading and who is not also. It's hard to follow rules strictly because there will aways be someone who will find way to avoid them.

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
[1]23456789
1 - 15 총 123 포스트 중
포럼 점프
1 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 1게스트

이번주 가장 활발한 글: